Tuesday 10 July 2012

Day 19 - Speedpainting #03 - Emma Stone/Gwen Stacy

9th July 2012

This one was supposed to done in 30 mins, but I've royally exceeded the time limit, nullifying the whole purpose of a 'speed painting'! :( I'm happy with it, except her face. I tried my best to make her look as cute as she looks in my eyes, but her eyes needed to be lower. Her jaw was super hard. I took 30 mins just to make a rough sketch!! :( 
I loved Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy! I love her no matter what she plays!! She's my latest favorite actress. Here's the result of 2 hours of backache. Need to be much much quicker and just catch the masses. I guess this is a proper digital painting.
 
 Original photograph

Speedpainting #03

4 comments:

  1. hey this is really nice :) !
    the face is a real hard thing to speed paint .Too many details.I learnt it the hard way. Kinda takes the fun off the speed paint experience for me.
    Another thing i noticed is apart from her face everything else is pretty much large areas of colour in this photo.I think the image is even colour enhanced a bit.Try something where the overcast feeling of a rainy day is a bit more obvious.will help understand lighting better.just suggesting from a speed paint exercise point of view.
    but the painting is really nice.Even i should paint Miss Stone some time.;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is!! I realized after the whole thing was done that the proportion of her features is incorrect!! :(
      yeah, the next one will definitely be natural lighting. I knew the bg was large masses, but I badly wanted to paint a face, and that was a challenge in this one. You're right, next ones will be moody. :)

      Delete
  2. a parallel face study series (painting faces with blocks of colours) could be an option.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, gotta resist the temptation of painting the details!

      Delete

The Greedy Pencil

This blog is a collection of (some of) my work, the art I do for fun, my inspirations and the sweat that goes into making animated films. Enjoy!