Sunday 19 August 2012

Old TVP ball bounce

19th August 2012

I don't know why this is coming up so late. It's a simple ball bounce with nearly the right timing done on TVP in >15 mins. Alok and I had made a wonderful discovery that day, thanks to Eric Goldberg's book - Crash course for animation. We were figuring out the difference between frames and drawings! All previous confusions were resolved. What had been taught to us was complete nonsense. A ball did not always take 1 second to bounce, and a walk did not always take 16 drawings. It all depended on how fast/slow the character was walking, or what kind of ball it was, and whether it was dropped or had a life of its own. So I drew this as a quick demo to juniors to get their basics clear.

Basics are so much to animate. They always end up boosting your confidence.



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Greedy Pencil

This blog is a collection of (some of) my work, the art I do for fun, my inspirations and the sweat that goes into making animated films. Enjoy!