Wednesday 23 May 2012

Goro Fujita's Speed Painting Gyaan!

TREASURE! TREASURE!!!



Well I'm a big fan of Goro Fujita's work. I've been having a lot of trouble painting my backgrounds and coming to terms with myself regarding the look of the film. Anywho, I was about to request Goro to put up a digital painting tutorial, and then I stumbled upon this! I can't tell you guys how useful this was. It makes everything clear - and as long as you practice it, you'll keep getting better. One major mistake I made was I always kept the bg color white - which doesn't allow me to set the mood or play with the values!
Enjoy!!

http://chapter-56.blogspot.in/2006/11/speedpainting.html

And here's another one on the making of 'the hunt' another one of his works - stepwise.
http://www.cgsociety.org/index.php/CGSFeatures/CGSFeatureSpecial/the_making_of_the_hunt


2 comments:

  1. Thanks this is helpful, having bg issues also with my graphic novel. Not long now before hand-in too D:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anytime! I just had to share it. Can't wait for your graphic novel!

      Delete

The Greedy Pencil

This blog is a collection of (some of) my work, the art I do for fun, my inspirations and the sweat that goes into making animated films. Enjoy!